Community interest has been tremendous in CHILLIWACK and we have fulfilled the need for Drivers, for now.
Volunteering Changes Lives
It takes a team of dedicated volunteers to make our service a reality. You can be part of our team to help cancer patients in need by volunteering to drive once or more per week and:
- are 21 years of age with a minimum of 5 years driving experience
- hold a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record with a maximum 3 ICBC demerit points
- use a trustworthy vehicle with a minimum of $3,000,000 third party liability insurance
- provide a Criminal Record Check
- have good listening skills; are empathetic and reliable
- are in good physical and mental health and able to assist patients with walkers if required
- are familiar with maps or electronic navigation devices, use email and a have a basic familiarity with computers
- For the health and safety of our immunocompromised cancer patients all volunteers must be double vaccinated
then this could be an opportunity for you to meet amazing, upbeat people from all walks of life and at the same time give them a leg up when they need it most.