Volunteer Driver Application
Attention all kindhearted individuals! We are on the lookout for volunteer drivers who are willing to lend their time to make a real difference in the lives of cancer patients in Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
Who are we? Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society, offers free transportation for patients with cancer. We provide rides to adults, seniors, and children along with their caregivers or parents for appointments related to cancer treatments and medical care.
Volunteer Driver Requirements
- Are at least 21 years of age with a minimum of 5 years driving experience
- We accept drivers with no more than 5 demerit points in the past 5 years and, it must not contain a distracted driving infraction
- Use a trustworthy vehicle with a minimum of $3,000,000 third party liability insurance
- Provide a Criminal Record Check
- Have good listening skills; are empathetic and reliable
- Have the capacity to assist patients with walkers if required
- Are familiar with maps or electronic navigation devices, use email and have a basic familiarity with computers
- Minimum 1 day a week
- Monday to Friday for appointments between 8 am and 6 pm.
- For the health and safety of our immunocompromised cancer patients all volunteers must be double vaccinated